Saturday, May 16, 2009

Words to Think On

I just finished reading 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper with Cecil Murphey. It's been on the New York Times Bestseller list for quite a while now, so I don't feel like a review is necessary. However, I do want to highlight two paragraphs both found at the beginning of Ch. 14 (on p. 137 in the paperback edition):

Some things happen to us from which we never recover, and they disrupt the normalcy of our lives. That's how life is.

Human nature has a tendency to try to reconstruct old ways and pick up where we left off. If we're wise, we won't continue to go back to the way things were (we can't anyway). We must instead forget the old standard and accept a "new normal."

Just some wise words to ponder.

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

First one, I am glad-- some things I don't want to "recover" from and sometimes my "normalcy" is not all that great.
Now, if I could just hang on to the "new normal".....