Sunday, November 15, 2009

Simplify Your Time

I'm continuing to slowly wade through my reading stack and finally made my way to a book I purchased a couple of years ago entitled Simplify Your Time by Marcia Ramsland. This lady speaks my love language: lists. And she possesses organizational skills that I had never even dreamed of.

The book is divided into thirty short chapters, allowing the reader to change one thing each day and hopefully end up more organized and efficient in a month's time. The book provides charts and over 100 time-saving tips to help the reader put into practice the suggestions in each chapter.

The focus of the book is not to run yourself ragged by filling your calendar but rather to make the best use of your time, including allowing for some downtime each day and incorporating things you wish you were doing into your weekly schedule. My favorite aspect of the book was the concept of the five-year calendar to plan goals for the four seasons over the next five years. As much of a planner as I am, I've never even considered doing this.

With the holidays quickly approaching, Ms. Ramsland has some great advice, "Being overwhelmed can be a positive opportunity to get down to the basics of what's really important and rebuild your life from there." (p.134) So if you want to get a jump-start on your time and improve your efficiency before the holidays hit, I highly recommend Simplify Your Time.

[Disclosure: I did not receive anything in exchange for reviewing or recommending this book.]

2 comments:

Momma Bean said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I will certainly check this one out!

Krista Sanders said...

Wow. Peeks my interest. Actually, I am salivating.