Monday, April 11, 2011

Rejuvenated

A few weeks back after enduring a busy season at work, I decided it was time for a little getaway for some R&R. Ideally, the introvert in me would like to hole up in a secluded bed and breakfast in a really small town (like Round Top) and read for about a week. But that didn't fit into my schedule. I opted instead for an overnight trip to Austin.


And decided to try out this new place.



After brunch and much people watching at Austin Java, I headed to Luxe Apothetique to get my "hair did" by the fabulous Martha Lynn Barnes. After a quick change, I had dinner at Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill with these sweet friends, whom I met in Austin fifteen years ago.



As much as I love the view of Austin in the daytime, I also love this:



After such a full day, it was time to take advantage of




and this




and to enjoy this



Beautiful accomodations!



The best part was the free full breakfast at the hotel's restaurant Trace. After that, I made my way around street closures due to a race and headed to worship at The Austin Stone. I grabbed brunch at Santa Rita with another sweet friend (we failed to snap a picture), and then I hit the road back to pick up this sweet gal from her retreat:




After this trip, I've learned that one of my love languages is retreating to a nice hotel. Gary Chapman might need to add that to the five that he came up with.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Love this, Alyssa! Great shots, and great suggestion at the end - I would concur.

michelle said...

I'm jealous of your trip and love the new look of your blog

Krista Sanders said...

Oh Wow!!! Look at these places! Post makes it look like you were there for a week. ; ) Beautiful hotel room. Sad it took me so long to check this out-- and TALK about it!