Sunday, September 28, 2014

September Recap

September has always had a special place in my heart because it's attached to going back to school and getting back in a rhythm.  Summer was always a little loosey goosey with no set plans for each day.  And while that had its perks, my Type A personality has always gravitated toward routine, which lends itself to some predictability.  And even though I haven't been in school in fourteen years, I still have a fondness for September and for a new rhythm.  Here's a little recap of what this September has held:

The trip to Austin for continuing education - along with the longest bus ride ever, as I recapped here.

An evening with Laura Bush, thanks to my sweet friends Krista and Jeff, and an opportunity to catch up with my friend Emily.

 
 
 
Women in the Word on Thursdays. It's been so fun to see how this has grown over the past ten years.



The Longhorns game at AT&T Stadium (f/k/a Cowboys Stadium).  It was a hard fought game that ended with a 20-17 loss, but I enjoyed getting to spend time with friends.

Surviving a colonoscopy and the prep and receiving the all-clear, for which I'm very grateful.

Birthday dinners for two friends and Sunday brunch with my college roommate, whom I hadn't seen in way too long.


Getting to hang out with Krista and Jeff's son and watch one of his football games.

Finishing two excellent books that I highly recommend:  Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee and The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst.

September did not disappoint.  May the rest of fall bring cooler weather and a sweet rhythm. 

No comments: