Sunday, March 17, 2013

March Update

What I'm Pondering:
Jen Hatmaker's post on grace is a must-read here.

Amy's post on the Verge conference makes me want to "Just Go" next year.

And Ann Voskamp's most recent post on radical living tears me apart in a good way.

What I'm Listening To:
I just received the Passion 2013 CD, and it is sing-along, dance-along worthy.  Excellent.

 
What I'm Reading:
I've continued "eating" books lately, including Sacred Search by Gary Thomas.  It's just as good as his prior book Sacred Influence.

Today, I just finished reading a book on the benefits of apple cider vinegar.  Sounds random, I know.  But my mother recommended it, and I'm on board for trying a teaspoon in a cup of water a couple of times a day because I'm not the best when it comes to eating veggies. 


I'm about two-thirds of the way through Brene Brown's latest book called Daring Greatly.  The language isn't all clean, but the conclusions that she shares on her twelve-year study of shame and vulnerability is eye-opening.  I'm still wrapping my mind around the first four chapters.  Very interesting read.  (Please excuse the coconut oil fingerprints all over the cover.)

 

What I'm Enjoying:
It's springtime, and although the pollen has wreaked havoc on my sinuses, I love seeing what God is up to in nature.  Things that looked dead just a few weeks ago are now budding, reminding me that He is a Restorer and an amazing Artist and Creator. 

What are you enjoying right now?

4 comments:

Momma Bean said...

Daring Greatly is on my list to read soon. You've given me several good links to follow :)

Emily said...

I have vivid memories of my dad taking a spoon full of cider vinegar and honey in hot water every evening after dinner. I am also loving spring. It's my favorite season!

Krista Sanders said...

Oh, these books. Thanks for so many great suggestions. Emily? What? Alyssa-- the vinegar thing-- we need to talk. I remember my grandaddy doing that. You will have to fill me in on why.

Margie said...

Years ago, I heard a little apple cider vinegar in orange juice helped alleviate body aches. So, about a year ago, I began doing that every morning and still do! I don't know - it could be a wives tale - but I figure I'll keep it up until I hear otherwise.