Sunday, October 20, 2013

His Grace in Carrying Me Through the Big 3-9

(Birthday fruit tart from Little Red Wasp was amazing!)

I'm not sure that I completely grasped that I was turning thirty-nine this year.  Age has always mystified me as I have no idea what any certain age should look like or feel like for me or anyone else.  I think the fact that I didn't spend much time thinking about this big birthday is God's grace because had I thought about it for very long, I'm quite sure that dread and disappointment would have set in. 

But this birthday was much like others.  I am blessed with loving family and friends who took time out of their busy schedules to call, text, email, or send messages via Facebook and snail mail to remind me that I am loved by them and by God.  And throughout the month, I've been treated to delightful lunches and dinners and have been showered with gifts that are practical, thoughtful, and meaningful.

I'm so very grateful for how the Lord carried me through this birthday and for how He appointed so many people to surround me and uplift me.

No comments: