Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Provider

"How was yesterday's class?" you ask.

"Great."

"Really?"

"That's what I heard."

My lunch didn't agree with me yesterday. About an hour before class, I began to doubt my capability to carry out my planned lesson. I went to one of my co-workers and asked if he'd cover for me. At first, he declined, but then he realized that one of the teams he coaches would be presenting a demonstration and jumped at the chance to see them perform.

Thankfully, this wasn't a two-hour lecture class. My plan was to pass back their last assignment and show them clips from two arguments so that they could get a feel for what they will need to do.

But the fact that there wasn't a lengthy lecture planned didn't make what God did any less magnificent. I was in awe that God provided someone who was willing to step in at the last minute and who was more capable than me of presenting the materials. Because my co-worker coaches a team, he knows what the students should be aiming for in their own arguments. He was able to add in his own commentary for the clips and point out good and bad things that each of the speakers did.

So for class 11, the script played out a little differently and a lot better than I had planned. All because I let Someone else take charge.

If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 4:10)

3 comments:

Momma Bean said...

Hope you are feeling better!

michelle said...

so does that mean only one class to go??

Alyssa said...

MB - Much better. Thanks.

M - Yes, one class for last-minute questions. Then a full day of listening to arguments. After that, I hopefully won't talk about teaching again. :)