Monday, May 23, 2011

The Path



On April 1, 2010, a friend showed me this path, and we walked it together. I thought it was going to do me in with all its steep inclines. Despite the fact that the path is replete with numerous hills and that the temperature was hot most of the time, I walked this path over and over again last year until it got too cold to walk or college football season started, I can't remember which.

I started walking this path at a time when I felt like my life was stagnating, and this path let me think things through. It was a constant that could have felt repetitive as the path didn't change day after day, but there was such a sense of completion in walking the 3.4 miles up and down those hills. That path became a great reminder that sometimes we are supposed to just keep walking the path, even when it feels circular, as we wait on God.

Instead of a circular path, you might be traveling a steep path in your own life right now. But I would encourage you to stay on it until you hear God directing you to go another way, and hold onto these Truths as you walk your path:

My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled. Psalm 17:5

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Psalm 23:3

In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, received the promise. Hebrews 6:15

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

Encouragement taken. Thank you.