Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Traditions 3 - Programs & Parties

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" is the theme right now as Christmas parties have kicked off as of last night. As with every tradition, this is one of the areas that can easily become stressful, especially if the invitations and the programs are aplenty and the nights available are but few.

Growing up, our family's focus was on the programs and parties associated with church and school. But today, even with just those two categories, that might not limit the number of your potential "commitments."

For me, I know that I must get rest, that I can't have commitments every night of the week, and that I will have to say "no" to some good things. But in the end, by limiting the number of events I attend, I will be able to remember the individual events and the memories that were made instead of having only a blur of activity.

Christmas programs and parties will be in high gear for the next few weeks, so I hope that you will choose to attend those that will bless you and your family the most.

If you have a tip for keeping the craziness to a minimum, would you share it with me?

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

All I can say is that is so hard. There is no way around hurting feelings and missing out on some really great fun AND meaningful things.
Great to think about EVERY year-- choices.