- Our parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles who love us unconditionally;
- Our siblings who endured growing up with us;
- Our pastors and mentors who teach us by example and encouragement;
- Our friends who listen and spend time with us; and
- Our bosses who provide us with a job and income.
And so I challenge you to expand your definition of what Valentine's Day should look like. Don't limit yourself to only those people for whom Hallmark has already printed Valentine's Day cards. If you do, you may be overlooking some of the most important people in your life and the opportunity to bless them with words of love and encouragement.
"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19)